Moving your office is a great time to re-evaluate your current file storage system. Often you can declutter by purging unnecessary files but other times it’s not an option. Some records need to be maintained for 7+ years and using office space to store these records can be expensive!
Don’t waste expensive office space storing your files.
There are many document management solutions to consider. If you need paper copies of everything you may want to utilize an offsite storage company. If virtual storage is an option, you can often use these same companies to scan and maintain all documents in the cloud. The best part is that you can easily access your records using either method.
Whichever method you decide to choose, it’s important to consider your available space, expansion needs, and future growth. You also should decide whether you want to improve your current system or implement an entirely new system.
Take a look at our list of things to consider when choosing a record storage vendor before you make your final decision.
- Call manufacturers and ask for recommendations/experiences with local dealers.
- A good filing equipment sales rep will ask you many questions about your filing and records storage needs.
- Make sure your sales rep has completed a thorough survey of your current process.
- Consider types of storage and additional services offered to find the company that fits your needs best.
- Ask for references of similar firms.
As you can imagine, there are more document management solutions than you even realize. So, take care of it now and avoid the headaches later!