Moving your IT network can be one of the most painful aspects of an office relocation. After all, your business probably relies on a fully functional network! Check out our five tips below that will help you ensure the transition goes smoothly.
1. Consider whether using cloud services for your business’s software and hardware would benefit your IT Network.
2. If you have old servers or PCs that are near the end of their life, you may want to consider updating your equipment for the network. It will be easier to make this switch before the new network is fully operational rather than buying new equipment later.
3. Do a full backup and restore data 60 days before the move. This is a crucial step! If anything goes amiss with software or data during the move, you will want those files backed up and secure.
4. Do a risk assessment for hardware and software, meaning if anything goes wrong with either hardware or software, what is your backup plan? How long can the servers be down before your business is negatively affected?
5. Plan for the physical security of servers, PCs, and data during relocation. Make sure the equipment is transported safely without any risk of being mishandled or stolen.
Make sure you don’t go blindly into your office move! Get more tips and advice on MoveMyBiz.com – your #1 resource for office relocations!